Friday, January 30, 2009

New Years Eve Gathering with Chubu Engineering - 12/29/08

Near the end of last year I went to a New Years Eve gathering with my friend Fred. I was really interested to see how a gathering like such at Japanese persons house would be. They had a small BBQ going, but mostly it was all about pounding and smashing rice into mochi! It was a good time; even the kids got to try smashing the hammer into the mochi. The food was great, all the people were great and the weather could not have been better!

One of the professors had recently gone to Tokyo and brought back some candy/pastry thing. It was made out of bread/cake with a cream filling in the middle. The cream filling was not so sweet as to be overwhelming, but still sweet and very delicious.

It was difficult (of course), but fun talking with all of the Japanese people there. The girl we meet up with there, told everyone I was studying Japanese and only to talk to me in Japanese. That made it more challenging, but it was good for me!

Pics:

No comments: